~Great Summer Dessert~
I highly recommend this for Father’s Day coming up!!! Pamper your loved one on Father’s Day and surprise him with this special dessert. 🙂
Vanilla Lemon Fruit Parfait
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter at room temp
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups seasonal fruit, strawberries, blackberries, and rasberries
- Optional: toasted almonds
- In a small pot, bring the milk and the lemon zest to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg yolks, sugar, flour, and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture into the bowl, and whisk until smooth.
- Place mixture back into pot over medium heat, and whisk until smooth, and the sauce thickens.
- Remove pan from heat, and add butter.
- Whisk in the lemon juice.
- Transfer pastry cream to a bowl, and place plastic wrap over the top to prevent a film from forming.
- Chill in refrigerator for a hour.
- Prepare the fruit, and wine glasses.
- Layer the wine glasses with fruit, and pastry cream.
- Repeat until you have about 2 or 3 layers.
- You can sprinkle toasted almonds over the top and serve.
Thank you Elaine. 🙂 🙂
I’ve made a very similar recipe in the past and it is REALLY good!! I think our parfait will have to contain sugar free, non-fat, Greek yogurt instead of that gorgeous pastry cream, but oh how I love pastry cream!!! 🙂
Oh really, yeah this pastry cream is pretty darn good. Especially in my parents eyes. LOL Yes, Greek yogurt is the healthier route, but I swear this recipe is a must try. 🙂 Thank you for stopping by and enjoying.
Thank you much Diana. Enjoy your evening. 🙂
I;m Australian. Our fathers day is some time away. We’ve only just had mothers’ day.
Oh, well have a wonderful Father’s Day. I would love to travel over there one day. 🙂
This looks really good. Your father’s day must be much sooner than ours – or are you planning ahead for September?
Thank you!!! Our Father’s Day is this coming Sunday. 🙂 Where about are you from?? Have a wonderful day.
Looks soooo good! 🙂
Thank you koukla!! 🙂 🙂 🙂