Hello Sunday evening. My boyfriend and I have been searching for some good ideas for our pumpkin decorating this year. Mummies, zombies, witches, and much more. I came across two that I really like and I will be carving tomorrow. I will take lots of photos of my pumpkin carving session. 🙂 My boyfriend is going to enter his pumpkin into a online contest, that he won last year. ( First place wins 500!!) Hey I am going to enter as well and test my luck. I am also trying to out do myself this year with some zombie cupcakes. Anyone have any advice on zombie cupcakes?!
Okay let’s get to the fun recipe. I posted this lovely pumpkin apple cheesecake photo on social media a few days ago, and 5 people asked me for the recipe. I would love to share with you all! 🙂
Pumpkin Apple Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup organic sugar (divided)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (chopped)
- 5 tbsp butter
- 24 oz cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 tsp nutmeg and cloves mixed together
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored (diced)
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, almonds, and butter. Mix to combine and place in a 9 inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Blend in eggs, Greek yogurt, pumpkin, and spices.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients together for the topping. (All purpose flour, cooking oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cold butter.) Make sure the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the diced apples over the cheesecake mixture.
- Place the topping over the apples making sure to spread the crumble over the entire surface.
- Bake at 350 degrees or 180 Celsius in middle rack of oven. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. (Make sure center is set.)
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack or cooking surface. Cover with plastic wrap when cooled, and chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, run a warm butter knife around the edges and remove spring form pan.
- Serve with caramel sauce or whipped cream.
Perfect for the holidays!!