Ριζόγαλο: Greek Rice Pudding By Kouzounas Kitchen
Ριζόγαλο: Greek Rice Pudding
This version is on the healthier side. It gluten free & vegan approved. 🙂 Let’s get to the cooking shall we?!
- 1.2 cup Arborio Rice
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4.5 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla flavoring
- 1 lemon- reserve peel/ zest
- In a large pot, heat the milk and rice over medium heat. Stir constantly until it begins to come to a simmer.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, and lemon peel and zest.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and keep stirring. Cook for about 30 minutes until the rice is tender.
- It is important to keep an eye on this yummy mixture, as it can burn quickly on the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from heat, and discard the lemon peel, and cinnamon sticks.
- Add the sugar, and vanilla flavoring.
- Ladle the rice pudding into 5 large ramekins.
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight. Serve with a dash of cinnamon over the top. I like to jazz it up with some lemon zest as well.
***If you would like the traditional recipe please follow the link here. >>> https://kouzounaskitchen.com/2013/06/18/the-famous-rizogalo-recipe/