I love doing product reviews, especially Greek product reviews!!
~I returned from Greece a few weeks ago, and came home to these wonderful goodies! Read on about these delicious Greek pistachios, made by Hellas Farms.
Don’t forget to check out the new recipe – Greek Pistachio Lemon Zest Hummus.
Why Greek Pistachios??
A wonderful snack, packed with flavors from the Mediterranean sea. Hellas Farms Greek pistachios are a delicious, and low-calorie snack.
Harvested and prepared using traditional Old World techniques
· Handpicked just a few miles from the Mediterranean Sea
· Naturally sun-dried and then slow-roasted with a touch of sea salt
· Packaged with cutting edge materials to ensure freshness
· Cholesterol and trans-fat free
· A good source of fiber, protein and iron
· Naturally gluten-free
· No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
Purchase Greek Pistachios
Hellas Farms Greek pistachios are available currently in 1.75 ounce bag, and retail for 2.99. What a great deal!! You can purchase these on Amazon.com. (Purchase here)
Delicious Greek Pistachio Lemon Zest Hummus
- 1 Can chickpeas
- 1 bag Hellas Farms pistachios, shelled and roasted
- 3 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 pinch of dried basil
- 1 pinch of dried oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a food processor add the pistachios, water, and olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, until the hummus becomes smooth. (I like to make a chunkier hummus, so I don’t process mine as much.)
- When ready to serve, drizzle fresh lemon juice and olive oil over the top. Serve with pita chips, or rustic bread.
Tuvunu~ Greek Mountain Tea
Too-voo-noo, which means “of the mountain”, is a calming, Greek mountain tea. This tea can be served hot or cold with lemon and honey. The Greek mountain tea derives from a plant called Sideritis, which is one of the most aromatic and beneficial herbs of the Greek mountains.
If you feel a cold coming on, tuvunu will help relieve your cold. My yiayia use to use Sideritis when she wasn’t feeling well. (Sideritis works wonders!!)
Sideritis is packed with antioxidants, and has an antiseptic, antimicrobial and anti inflammatory properties. This is why my grandparents in Greece would use this Greek herbal tea.
Tuvunu is an all natural refreshing herbal tea, that has a distinctive flavor. It is caffeine free, and contains 150 mg of antioxidants per bottle.
This tea is available in two unique versions. Tuvunu and Tuvunu free, a calorie free, unsweetened drink, with just a hint of lemon.
Visit Tuvunu online >> Tuvunu website.
Available in cans and bottles and retails at 2.49 per unit. Available on Amazon and select retail stores in the USA. (Purchase Here)
Follow Hellas Farms Social Media
Photos by: NestorZ Photography & Kouzounas Kitchen.
All credit and rights go to Kouzounas Kitchen, Hellas Farms, and NestorZ photography 2016.