Greek Keftedes~ Maniatiko Style
Greek Keftedes~ Maniatiko Style Recipe
- Oil for frying
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup dried sourdough crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium leek, chopped
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped fresh Greek oregano
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons dill finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 orange, reserve juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine the bread crumbs and milk in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the meat, eggs, leek, Greek oregano, mint, dill, cumin, garlic, and honey together.
- Add the meat mixture to the bread crumb mix, and combine.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Heat a large pan, with olive oil.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls. You can roll them into flour if you like, to bind them if needed.
- Place a few keftedes in the pan at a time. Cook until each side is golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with freshly squeezed orange juice.
The photo above features our keftedes with a delicious herb tomato sauce recipe. If you would like to try out the sauce, please click the link below.
mmmmmmmmmmm my favorite
Those meatballs look really delicious!! <3
Hi sweets! Thank you. My father is the meatball freak haaa.. He has it down to a perfect science lol.
How are you? What is on the Gina menu today lol
Hi koukla mou! Stir Fry Steaks ❤
Ohhh, that sounds good!!
Well yum to that!!!
Yay I hope you do try it. 🙂
Oh my, this looks delicious Krystina!
Hi my sweet friend! How is everything going? Whats the weather like there? here we have tons of rain. :/
Waiting for the sun to come out lol.
Thanks for enjoying my recipe! I must catch up on your blog today. xo
Hello sweetie! It is finally raining here and melting the snow! I can see part of my driveway (it got plowed), but our backyard snow may take quite a bit longer. 🙂
Yay, I am glad the snow is melting for you. Is school back in session?
I wish I could come help you guys plow the snow. :/ But good to hear it finally is melting away.
Yes, school is back in session and they are adding a week of school to the end of the year and making some of the half-day In-Service days full school days.
I am really happy to hear that school is back in session. 🙂