Greek Style Mojito Drink
Happy Cinco De Mayo friends! Are you celebrating today? 🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
I have been testing literally 300 + recipes for my next cookbook. One of my favorite recipes in this book is this very own mojito with a twist. I got the inspiration from Crete while sitting on the beach drinking a Greek-style mojito. It was really tasty and I decided to bring back a little bit of Crete with me. I hope you enjoy this tasty cocktail. (Perfect for those hot Summer days that are coming soon.) 🌿🌿🌿
Greek Style Mojito Cocktail Recipe
- 1 bunch fresh mint sprigs
- 2 teaspoons demerara or organic sugar
- Juice from 2 limes
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 ½ ounces of Metaxa liquor
- Crushed ice cubes
- 1 ounce of plain club soda
- Reserve a few mint sprigs (to serve)
- In a cocktail shaker or glass muddle the mint and sugar. Make sure the mint leaves are really mixed into the sugar.
- Add the lime and lemon juice along with the Metaxa. Shake the mixture well, then strain into a large glass filled with crushed ice.
- Pour club soda over the mixture and serve with fresh mint.
Alan thinks I’ve treated him to a bottle of Metaxa because I’m kind!!! 🍹😀😘
Aww I always get so happy when I see your comments!! Haaa I miss you two! The day we meet again I will be all smiles. 🙂
Happy Cinco De Mayo! 🎊
Thank you! I hope you enjoyed it. 🙂