Mediterranean Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe (Pesto Week)
Happy Pesto Week on Kouzounas Kitchen blog! We are going full swing ahead and sharing pesto recipes this week. On today’s post chef Krystina cooked up a very flavorful stuffed mushroom recipe. Imagine the mushrooms stuffed with a creamy pesto filling and cooked in a red wine bath. OH it is so good my friends, and a recipe that is so easy to put together.
Cheers to PESTO WEEK! I hope you enjoy this tasty appetizer.
Mediterranean Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 12 button mushrooms, preferably large in size
- 1 cup of pesto sauce (This time I used pecans for the pesto)
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup of grated pecorino
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup of red wine (I used a red Mondavi Merlot)
- A handful of basil leaves, rough chopped (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- In a food processor add the stems, pesto, garlic, cheese, heavy cream, and salt, and pepper. Mix to combine then add the mixture to a bowl.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Fill each mushroom cap with the pesto mixture and then drizzle 1/4 cup of red wine over the baking pan. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden brown in color.
- Serve with fresh chopped basil and a drizzle of sticky balsamic sauce.
See you tomorrow for another tasty recipe on #pestoweek!
Using red wine would give this real intense flavour, love it