Saturday’s Food For Thought!
Good Morning California, hello world. Todays food for thought is on, Kale.
The 10 benefits of kale:
1. Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat. One cup of kale has only 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 grams of fat.
2. Kale is high in iron. Kale actually has more iron then beef.
3. Kale is high in Vitamin K.
Eating a diet high in Vitamin K will help prevent against many cancers.
4. Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants.
5. Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food. One cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids, which help, fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders.
6. Kale is great for cardiovascular support. Eating more kale can help lower cholesterol levels.
7. Kale is high in Vitamin A.
8. Kale is high in Vitamin C. This is very helpful for your immune system, your metabolism and your hydration.
9. Kale is high in calcium. Kale actually has more calcium then milk.
10. Kale is a great detox food. Has an abundance of fiber and sulfur.