Greek Quinoa Salad- Featured Recipe Thursday!!
It’s Thursday, and you know what that means!!
*Thank you to Dee from Michigan for this yummy recipe.
Featured Recipe Thursday!!
Greek Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 bunch of basil chopped
- sea salt & ground pepper
- 1 small red onion- diced
- 1 red pepper- sliced
- 1 english cucumber- sliced in small pieces
- 2 cups of red grape tomatoes- halved
- 1 cup of pitted Kalamata olives
- crumbled feta for the top
- In a medium bowl whisk together the lemon juice, oregano, basil, garlic, and seasonings.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Set aside.
- Combine the quinoa and 2 cups of water in a pot, bring to a boil and cook until the water is absorbed. (About 15- 17 minutes.)
- Transfer the quinoa to a bowl and let sit, to cool.
- Add in the onion, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, and dressing, and toss to combine all ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for about 2 hours or until the flavors combine.
- To serve, add fresh crumbled feta cheese to the top.