Happy Wednesday! Winter has definitely hit Sacramento!! The past two days has been very cold and I am craving hot food.
On this cold day this recipe goes great with a hot cup of coffee or even Hot apple cider.
Citrus Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 3o min
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 tsp of fresh orange zest
- 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar or honey
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter at room temp
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I used demarra sugar)
- 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- 2 tsp of fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of lukewarm water. Make sure to blend the yeast into the water.
- Add in the orange juice, zest, sugar, salt, egg, butter, and 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- In a mixer beat all the ingredients together.
- Add in the remaining flour and mix.
- Your dough should spring back when you touch it, and not be sticky.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and lightly oil the bowl.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in bowl.
- Cover the dough and let sit for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll the dough into a 15 x 9 rectangle.
To prepare the filling:
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- With a spatula, spread the sugar cinnamon mixture onto the dough.
- Tightly roll up the dough into a log, rolling from the long side, making sure to pinch the seam closed.
- To cut the cinnamon rolls, use dental floss. I know this seems funny but it really works!!
- Cut each roll into I inch thick pieces and arrange them in a prepared baking pan.
- Cover the rolls and let them rise in a warm place.
- Let the rolls rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees or 190 Celsius.
- Bake the rolls for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool the rolls on a wire rack or baking rack.
For the glaze:
- In a small bowl combine the glaze ingredients together and drizzle over the rolls.
- Adding Nutella to the top of these rolls is an amazing treat! You can also sprinkle fresh chopped almonds over the top.
- Drizzle fresh honey over the rolls along with a sprinkle of fresh almonds.
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls: Resistance Is Futile (blogher.com)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Orange Cream Cheese Icing (remotecontrolproof.wordpress.com)
Like Kouzounas Kitchen On:
Follow On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KouzounasKitchen
Follow On Twitter: https://twitter.com/KouzounasKitche
Follow On Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/kouzounaskitche
Follow On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KouzounasKitchen