~Sunday’s Crazy Ingredient~
This recipe is amazing, and very tasty!!! I had to re blog this post because I wanted to share this wonderful recipe with you all.
Sunday’s Crazy Ingredient: Quinoa
Stuffed Quinoa Mushroom Recipe
- 15 white button mushrooms
- 2 green onions diced
- 3/4 cup of quinoa cooked
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons of chopped pecans
- Fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper
1. Remove stems from mushrooms. Dice stems and set aside in a bowl.e
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees or 200 Celsius.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in chopped mushroom stems and garlic.
4. Add in the basil and cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Set aside the mushroom mixture.
6. Combine the quinoa, pecans, olive oil, and seasonings. Add to the mushroom mix.
7. Stuff each mushroom with a generous amount of filling.
8. Place in the oven for about 12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
9. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top.