Fiesta Friday #9
Thank you very much to Novice Gardener for letting me join in on Fiesta Friday’s. If you would love to join this, simply click on the link below. Make sure you say hello to Novice Gardener, and bring over a great recipe to share. 🙂
(*Friday Menu will be back next Friday, and it will be an updated and fresh menu.)
I decided to bring over one of my specialties for this festive day.
Stuffed Spinach Mushrooms
- 10 white mushrooms, clean
- 1 bunch of green onions diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch of basil diced
- 1 bunch of parsley diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons mint
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & ground pepper to taste
- First clean the mushrooms and then spoon out the core of the mushroom.
- Keep the core of the mushrooms in a bowl, dice them and set aside. Once all the mushrooms are cleaned out, place each mushroom on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- In a medium saucepan, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic over medium heat.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the diced mushrooms to the pan, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, and red wine and cook until liquid is dissolved.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the sour cream, egg, oregano, mint, cheese, and seasonings. (Set aside.)
- Add the spinach mixture to the cream mixture and stir well to combine.
- Fill each mushroom with the filling.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees or 180 Celsius, and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with fresh mint or parsley on top.
Kali Orexi, & Happy Fiesta Friday!