What is not to love with these wonderful flavors…. lavender- orange- white wine & vanilla. This wonderful recipe was adapted from my moms friend in France and now I recreated it with my own touch.
As most of you know my parents are lavender farmers for over 15 years and they own “Friends Of The Earth Lavender.” I have been cooking with their fresh lavender for years. I love being creative with lavender flowers. From syrups to cocktails to gourmet spice blends and more. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 1/3 cup fresh lavender flowers
- 2 cups of white dessert wine your choice
- 4 tablespoons lavender sugar
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 teaspoon orange zest/ juice of orange
- Put the lavender flowers into a glass and add the wine. Place over medium heat until the temperature reaches 98 degrees.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for a few minutes to let the lavender infuse.
- Strain the wine into a bowl, and press the lavender flowers with the back of a spoon. Whisk the sugar into the wine until dissolved.
- Sprinkle gelatin in bowl and add orange juice & vanilla. Warm the mixture until gelatin has dissolved.
Stir gelatin mix in wine mixture and pour the liquid into 4 ramekins. Chill overnight.
- When ready to serve top with 1 lavender sprig.
~Enjoy~ |Kali Orexi|