Guilt Free Ice Cream
Happy Thursday foodies!!
Oh do I have a delicious guilt free, very healthy ice cream for you!!
First off, my parents are now on a plant-based diet. Is it easy to do, no way!! My mom is not doing any oils at all, so with that being said it’s not easy to come up with recipes that don’t call for any oil in this house, especially my all time favorite OLIVE OIL!!
Yesterday night, my boyfriend was munching on a delicious ice cream cone, definitely not guilt free lol. I was craving ice cream, and had an idea. Since we are trying to better our health, I wanted a recipe that was dairy free and sugar-free.
You know those frozen bananas you have in the freezer, well get them out! Let me tell you, bananas are great in smoothies, but did you know you can make delicious ice cream with it?? Oh yes, and even better, smooth and fresh ice cream.
|Guilt Free Almost Greek Ice Cream|
**Okay for those who are shaking their heads and saying I can’t stand bananas…. Well do me a favor and try this recipe once and you might thank me later. 🙂
- 2 frozen bananas, diced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp toasted chopped almonds
Optional: Clover honey
- In a food processor add the bananas and coconut milk on high-speed. Mix until mixture becomes smooth. (I had to wipe down the sides with a spatula and then mix again.)
- Place mix in a bowl, and cover. Chill in freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and serve with cinnamon, nuts, and honey.
Switch It Up~ Add In Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons nutella
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries