Delicious Apple Pie Recipe
Apple Pie Recipe By Kouzounas Kitchen
- one pie crust (Use this recipe for handmade pie crust)
- 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 pounds of granny smith apples- cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 lemons- juiced
- 1 cup of granulated sugar or demerara sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter- cut into small pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of water
- * streusel crumb topping
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees or 232 Celsius.
- Peel and core the apples, and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place the apple slices into a medium bowl, and add the fresh lemon juice over them.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, granulated sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the apples, and toss to combine.
- Place apples in the prepared pie and add the butter to the apples.
- Whisk together the egg yolk, and water to make an egg wash, and brush the side of the pie crust with the wash.
- I made a streusel crumb topping to go over my apple pie.
- Bake until golden brown on top, for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool before serving.
- Top it off with some fresh whipping cream.