Creamed Spinach~ Perfect Holiday Appetizer
Thanksgiving is just around the corner for us!! You are probably like me trying to decide what to make for your guests?? I am very last minute, I must say! Being an author, chef, and managing Kouzounas Kitchen has me on my feet non stop. Which is why, I finally planned out my Thanksgiving menu, yay!
This delicious creamed spinach, is a healthier recipe I must say. Instead of using sour cream, I replaced with Greek yogurt. I don’t think I will be going back to sour cream anytime soon. Greek yogurt adds such a wonderful creamy texture to this recipe. Try it out yourself, and let me know your thoughts.
Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 bag of fresh spinach- chopped (12 oz)
- 1/2 cup Fage Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter until melted.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, until it creates a roux.
- Whisk in the chicken broth until smooth.
- Add the spinach, and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and add the spices and yogurt.