Greek Spinach & Cheese Savory Crepe (Egg less)
Did you know that eggless crepes are just as good as regular crepes.. Oh yes, and you must try it!!
Greek Spinach & Cheese Crepe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter – melted
- 1 Tablespoons vanilla extract (Only for sweet crepes you add this, not savory.)
- 1 cup sauteed spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pinch dried oregano/ basil
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and salt. Next mix the liquids together. (Coconut milk, water, butter, and vanilla if you are making a sweet crepe.)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk until all combined.
- Prepare your skillet and heat over medium heat. Melt butter in pan.
- Place about two tablespoons of the batter onto the pan, making sure you spread the batter around the pan in a thin layer.
- Let the crepe cook until the edges begin to lift, then flip to cook over side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, and place crepes on a plate.
- You can reheat crepes in oven, at about 200 degrees for a few minutes.
- To fill crepes, place a good amount of sauteed spinach in the center, and add feta cheese. I like to sprinkle dried herbs over the mixture, and fold crepe.
- Optional: Sprinkle hemp seeds over the top, for some additional flavors.
Add a heaping teaspoon of nutella in the center, along with some sliced bananas. Heat the crepe in the oven, until the chocolate melts. Add a dust of cinnamon over the top, and enjoy!! (My boyfriends favorite crepe, without the bananas.) 🙂