Father’s Day Menu- Baked Chia Seed Salmon
Happy Father’s Day! If you are looking for a fabulous meal to cook your dad, here it is!
Enjoy 3 delicious recipes!! 💗💗
Appetizer: Creamed Kale
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 pounds of kale, stalks removed
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & ground pepper to taste
- Start by blanching the kale in lightly salted water.
- Blanch until tender and rinse in ice cold water.
- Drain the kale, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add kale.
- Add in the cream, nutmeg, and garlic.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 6 minutes, or until the cream has thickened.
- Season with salt and ground pepper.
Main Dish: Baked Chia Seed Salmon
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons of Dijon style mustard
- 1/3 cup black chia seeds
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (200 C).
- Line a baking pan with foil.
- Spray foil with non stick spray.
- Whisk together the mustard, olive oil, dill, and seasonings.
- Rub salmon with the marinade.
- Spread chia seeds on plate. Gently coat each side of salmon with chia seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Serve with fresh dill and lemon juice.
Special Dessert dedicated to my lavender lovers out there!!
Dessert: Lavender Fig & Raspberry Treat
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 pinches of Friends Of The Earth Lavender Sea Salt or any lavender sea salt
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 20 fresh figs, halved lengthwise
- 2 1/2 cups of raspberries or seasonal berries
- Whisk the honey, egg yolks, and lavender sea salt in a large heat proof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water. ( We call this a ban marie.)
- Simmer until the sauce is pale and thick. (3 to 5 minutes)
- Whip the cream to soft peaks. Add vanilla to cream.
- Whisk cream into honey mixture.
- Serve over the figs and berries.
What an amazing menu. The salmon looks delicious koukla mou! <3
Thank you sweets!! I can’t wait to chat with you about your trip. I still need to mail you that cookbook. 🙂
Me too….been crazy busy <3
This dish looks incredible, I bet it is really tasty 🙂
Thank you my friend. Are you a fan of chia seeds? I hope you can try this recipe. 🙂
Thanks for sharing your recipes!
You are very welcome. Thank you for stopping by. If you don’t mind voting for us, I would really appreciate it. You can vote once a day. Kouzounas Kitchen is entered into the Fed Ex Business Grant Money Contest.
Thank you!! 🙂
Yum! Sounds like a perfect meal 🙂
Thank you Ada. 🙂