Friday Greek Menu Plan
Would you like a great menu plan for this coming weekend? Try this Friday menu out below. 🙂
Happy weekend everyone!!
Friday Greek Menu
Eggplant Cake Recipe (Starter)
- 1 eggplant (sliced in 1/2 inch slices)
- 4 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 egg white beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I like to use seasoned break crumbs)
- 2 tbsps flour
- 4 ozs fresh parmesan cheese
- 4 ozs feta cheese
- 2 tbsps fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tbsps fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 green onions
- sea salt & ground pepper for flavor
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F or 215 C.
- Brush eggplant slices evenly with olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven, and dice the eggplant into fine pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped eggplant pieces with the garlic, egg whites, Parmesan, feta, breadcrumbs, basil and parsley and green onions.
- Add in your seasonings.
- Mix everything well and place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes or so.
- Divide the mixture into 6-8 equal portions, and shape into a flattened ball.
- Coat with flour. And dust off any extra flour.
- Fry these appetizers in a deep saucepan filled with oil, for about 2 minutes or until brown. Serve with some fresh lemon juice. Great with Greek yogurt as well.
Mediterranean Sea Bass With some rocking flavors!
- 1 whole sea bass(scaled and cleaned.)
- Sea salt & Ground pepper
- 1/2 white onion- sliced in fine pieces
- 1 lime cut in fine pieces
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves- thinly minced
- 1 tsp of lavender flowers
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees or 220 Celsius. Rinse the fish well under cold running water and pat it dry. With a sharp knife, make 4 deep diagonal incisions down to the bone on each side of the fish. Sprinkle the inside with salt and pepper. Place the onions, basil, rosemary, lime, lavender flowers, and garlic inside the cavity.
- Tie the fish together in 3 or 4 places with butcher’s twine to close the cavity. Place the fish on a rack set in a large roasting pan. Rub the fish with the olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the fish until completely cooked. (About 40 minutes.)
Fresh Orange Slices With Honey And Cinnamon Recipe
- 4 oranges
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of orange flower water
- 3 tablespoons of sliced almonds
- Peel the oranges and thinly slice the oranges. Arrange slices on a platter and set aside. In a small saucepan add the honey, cinnamon, and flower water.
- Stir over low heat for 2 minutes. Pour the syrup over the oranges. Cover and chill in refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temp.
Kali Orexi Everyone!!