It’s that time of the year to make yummy cookies. Growing up, my mother would teach us kids how to make sugar cookies. I remember it was always at this time of the year, when we would get the Christmassy cookie cutters out. (The fun part, icing.) 🙂
From Kouzounas Kitchen to your kitchen here is a yummy sugar cookie recipe just in time for the holidays. 🎄🎄
Holiday Sugar Cookies With Lemon Icing
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Lemon, reserve zest and 4 teaspoons of juice
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and sugar to your mixer. Mix On low speed for a few minutes then increase speed and beat for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla, and mix on low speed.
- Slowly add in the flour, in three parts. Making sure the flour is well mixed in.
- Divide dough in half, and wrap each disk in plastic wrap and chill for three hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Cut dough with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 1 inch a part on ungreased pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Decorate your cookies with icing, and have fun!
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
Ice the cookies once they are cool.
Happy Holidays From Kouzounas Kitchen