Holiday Sugar Cookies
It’s that time of the year to make yummy cookies. Growing up, my mother would teach us kids how to make sugar cookies. I remember it was always at this time of the year, when we would get the Christmassy cookie cutters out. (The fun part, icing.) 🙂
From Kouzounas Kitchen to your kitchen here is a yummy sugar cookie recipe just in time for the holidays. 🎄🎄
Holiday Sugar Cookies With Lemon Icing
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Lemon, reserve zest and 4 teaspoons of juice
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and sugar to your mixer. Mix On low speed for a few minutes then increase speed and beat for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla, and mix on low speed.
- Slowly add in the flour, in three parts. Making sure the flour is well mixed in.
- Divide dough in half, and wrap each disk in plastic wrap and chill for three hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Cut dough with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 1 inch a part on ungreased pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Decorate your cookies with icing, and have fun!
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
Ice the cookies once they are cool.
Happy Holidays From Kouzounas Kitchen
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Krystina!
Kala Xristougenna Kai Kalh Xronia!! 🙂