Chicken Marsala Recipe
Hello beautiful foodies! I have an amazing recipe to share with you all. One of my favorite Italian dishes ever, that incorporates marsala wine.
Grab your favorite marsala wine, and lets get in the kitchen. Warning: This post might make you hungry!!
I was lucky enough to collaborate with some Greek friends of mine over on the east coast, and try their fabulous olive oil. Can I say, amazing!! Kouzini provides two different kinds of cold pressed olive oils that come from Lakonia, Greece. They provide Greek unfiltered olive oil, as well as the Greek premium olive oil. Please take a moment to visit their website, and you can receive 15 % off your first order by signing up on their email list!! Go here >> Kouzini Olive Oil.
Chicken Marsala Recipe By Kouzounas Kitchen
- 4 skinless boneless chicken pieces
- All purpose flour
- Sea salt & ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Greek Premium Kouzini olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh anise
- Prepare the cremini mushrooms by removing the stem. Cut mushrooms in half and set aside.
- Prepare the chicken by pounding the chicken breasts. (Place chicken on a cutting board, and place plastic wrap over the top, and use a mullet to pound the chicken.)
- In a medium bowl add flour, salt, and ground pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place chicken in the flour mixture, making sure to flour each side.
- In a large pan, place 1/4 cup olive oil in the pan over medium heat.
- Place chicken in the pan, one at a time making sure to brown each side of the chicken breast.
- Set browned chicken aside on a plate.
- Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms to pan and saute until onions become translucent.
- Add the chicken stock to the mushrooms mixture. Simmer for three minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Place chicken breasts in Marsala sauce, and cook for 1 minute.
- Garnish chicken with fresh chopped basil.
**I like to serve my chicken Marsala over pasta. It’s the perfect combination, especially for Valentine’s Day. Please take the time to check out Kouzini Greek Olive Oil. (Click on the name to take you to their website.)