How To Make Fresh Pasta (No Pasta Machine)
Happy 6 years to Kouzounas Kitchen! Thank you so much to all you beautiful people for following. We look forward to sharing new recipes in 2019 and hope you enjoy.
Oh it has been a really long few months with a very harsh Winter for us in Pollock Pines. To be honest I do not like the cold so it has been a bit tough for me to adjust but we did have sun today!
Sorry it has been quiet on my blog as I am gearing up for a second cookbook in hopes it will be out by late Spring. (That might change but if all goes well that is the plan for Spring.)
One of the recipes you will see in the book is THIS ONE! I am obsessed with pasta, and especially fresh pasta! I have been making pasta for officially 7 years now but I wasn’t too happy with the results until maybe 2 years ago. I realized it takes lots of testing to find the right texture especially without a pasta machine. Some of you may be shaking your head and saying WHATTT no machine but hey I can teach you. Plus it is tons of fun to make your own pasta by hand and you can brag to your family and friends too lol.
Come along with me in the kitchen while I show you my very own pasta recipe without a pasta machine. Those who make pasta already want to share your thoughts? Comment below and let me know how your pasta journey is going.
Fresh Pasta Dough Recipe (No Pasta Machine
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup semolina flour
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Wooden dowel
- Rolling Pin
- On a large flat surface combine the flours and the salt. Mix with your hands to make a sort of well in the center. Add the eggs and olive oil to the center of the well and gently mix to combine to form a dough.
- Knead dough until smooth, while adding extra flour if the dough is too sticky. Knead until dough is smooth and shiny. Shape dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl covered with plastic wrap for 1 hour. (You want to let the dough rest so it is soft and pliable to shape.)
- Lightly dust work surface with flour and prepare to roll out pasta dough. Roll dough into a large square shape rectangle. You want to roll the dough out very thin until you get approximately 1/16 inch thickness. Once dough is rolled out to your desired thickness then prepare to cut out pasta.
- I like to use a pizza wheel but that is not necessary if you do not have one at hand. You can simply use a paring knife to gently cut pasta in to desired length and size. Make sure to cut pasta into same length strips that way when you cook properly.
- Place pasta strips onto a wooden dowel and let it air dry for about 15 minutes. Once pasta has dried then you can cook in boiling salted water. Drop pasta one by one and let cook for about 4 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta and then serve with your favorite sauce.
- ~Serve with fresh cracked pepper and Pecorino or Mizithra cheese. (Really good with browned butter or a basil tomato sauce.)
- Pasta dough can be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 2 weeks.
•You must let your pasta dough rest otherwise it will be too tough when you try to roll it out.
•Make sure to dust the work surface before rolling out dough and shaping. That way your pasta dough won’t stick and you can shape your dough.
•You can use pasta wheel or bench scraper to cut desired pasta.
I have been having the urge lately to try my hand at starting to make homemade pasta and this recipe will be considered highly when I try it. Thank you for sharing!
I hope you get a chance to try this recipe out. It is so simple and really a great simple pasta recipe.
Happy weekend to you.
Freshly made pasta is the best😋❤
I love pasta too and any chance I get, I cook it 🙂 but never knew it would be so easy to make it from scratch.. would love to try it.
Being an Vegetarian, I would like to know by any chance is there any replacement for egg? I normally get the eggless once from shop.
Thank you so much for your lovely comments!
I love making pasta from scratch because it’s so therapeutic. 🙂
You know that’s interesting to me for an egg replacement. Let me do some research and see what I can find. Would you mind sending me your email or reaching out to me directly so I can send you info.
Have a great rest of your week.
Sorry for getting back to you late. I would love to connect directly and know more about it. Please find my e-mail below.
Can you please drop me a mail.
Sounds good. I will try to connect with you soon. 🙂 I hope you are having a good day.
Hi friend! No problem at all. I will reach out to you soon. Have a great day!!
Happy Anniversary 🥳 Great way to celebrate it 😊 That pasta looks really great!
Thank you so much! You are too sweet.
I hope you get a chance to try this easy pasta recipe. 🌸🌸