Curry ChickPea Pot Pie
This recipe is a must try! Full of flavors, and it’s especially dedicated to the wonderful vegetarians out there. 🙂
Curry ChickPea Pot Pie Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can of chick peas
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- 8 ounces broccoli chopped
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 2 large carrots diced
- 8 ounces of white potatoes cubed
- 1/2 cup of chick peas, drained
- sea salt & ground pepper
- Prepare the mashed potatoes. Set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of butter or olive oil in a saucepan and saute the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add in all the chopped vegetables and saute over medium heat.
- Add the vegetable broth and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add in the seasonings, and the chickpeas.
- Cook for an additional few minutes, until the vegetables become tender.
- Place the sauteed vegetables into a casserole, and add the mashed potatoes to the top. Use a spatula to evenly spread out the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven at 350 Degrees or 180 Celsius for 30 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, and serve warm with some fresh parsley.
*In the picture I used quinoa but I recommend using mashed potatoes. 🙂