Mango: Saturday’s Food For Thought
Saturday’s Food For Thought: Mangoes
- Mangoes are one of the richest sources of vitamin A and vitamin C and minerals namely potassium, calcium and phosphorus.
- Oval in shape and around five inches long, mangoes are heavy because of the single, large seed or stone in the middle.
- Mangoes were first cultivated in India several centuries ago. Most mangoes consumed in the U.S. are produced in Mexico, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Guatemala, and Haiti.
- Besides having more than 20 different vitamins and minerals, mangos contain flavonoids like betacarotene, alphacarotene, and beta-cryptoxanthin, which help vitamin A to impart antioxidant strength and vision-protecting properties, maintaining healthy skin.
- Mangoes have about 100 calories per 1 cup.
- Did you know that 1 cup of mangoes provides 12 % of your daily dietary fiber?!
- In recent studies, mangoes have shown to protect against colon, breast, and prostate cancer.
- Mangoes are great in recipes, and you can use them in sweet and savory recipes.
Have a lovely weekend!
LOVE mangoes :)) x
Me too!! 🙂