~Traditional Pita Bread Recipe~
- 1 1/8 cup warm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon clover honey
- 1.5 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Bread maker
Optional: You can add any herbs or spices to this recipe for additional flavor.
- Place all ingredients into the bread machine. Make sure to select Dough setting and then start.
- Do not open the bread machine while dough is rising.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Gently roll and stretch the dough into a 12 inch rope.
- With a sharp knife, divide the dough into 9 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a small ball.
- With your hand or rolling-pin, make each ball into a 6 inch circle.
- Place the dough onto a baking sheet, and cover with a towel.
- Let the pita rise about 30 minutes or until puffy.
- Preheat the oven to 450 D or 230 C.
- Place 4 pitas on a wire cake rack in the oven.
- Bake pitas until puffed and lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and place the cooled pita in a sealed bag to store.
- I like to drizzle fresh lemon and olive oil over the top of the pitas just before I remove them out of the oven.
Thank you for stopping by. Have any requests for recipes, please feel free to shout out to us at email@example.com.